1. Introduction #
If you need to classify the purpose or result of your phone calls, 3CX Wrap-up Codes can help. When you make or receive a phone call, a popup will display that enables you to select from a pre-defined list of codes. For a support department, you may use codes like “Installation issue”, or “Hardware issue”, while a sales department may want to classify the call as a “follow-up” or “New lead”. The ability to classify and track where you are spending your time enables you to better fine-tune your organization.
2. Prerequisites #
Before installing ‘3CX Wrapup Codes’, you need to ensure that your computer meets the minimum requirements mentioned below:
- 3CX Version V16 and V18 (64 bit) (Professional or Enterprise Version Only)
- Windows 10 or above / Windows Server 2012 or above
- Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) 7.0 or above
- .Net framework 4.7.2
Note: When installing IIS, be sure to install Basic Authentication, .Net Extensibility, and ASP.Net 4.X
3. Installation #
You can order ‘3CX Wrapup Codes’ on-line at http://www.voiptools.com. Your order confirmation email will include your license key and a link to download the software.
There are a number of prerequisites that must be installed prior to installing ‘3CX On Call Manager’. These prerequisites include Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) and Microsoft SQL Server.
Install 3CX Wrapup Codes Client Application
This User Guide contains step-by-step instructions to successfully install ‘3CX Wrapup Codes’. Begin by extracting the installer from the downloaded zip file (Step 1 above), then run the setup program named 3CXWrapupCodesClientInstaller.exe
Register your License Key in ‘3CX Wrapup Codes – Server’ Application
You must register your license key while installing the ‘3CX Wrapup Codes-Server’ application so that the ‘3CX Wrapup Codes-Client’ application will also be activated. Your license key is included in your order confirmation email, and can also be found in your order history on our website.
4. Step By Step Installation Procedure #
The following section guides you through a detailed walk-through of the installation process:
Step 1: Download ‘3CX 3CX Wrapup Codes’
You can check for the software download link included in your order confirmation email. As an alternative, you can also find the link from your order history on our website.
Step 2: Extract the installer from the downloaded .zip file
The file you downloaded in the above step is a compressed .zip file.
- Position the mouse on the zip file and right-click.
- From the popup menu, select Unblock to unblock the zip file and then select Extract All to extract the software
Step 3: Start the installation process
- From the extracted folder, find the file 3CXWrapupCodesClientInstaller.exe
- Double-click the file to start the VoIPTools Setup Wizard.
- Click Next to continue.
Step 4: Close the Application
Once the installation is complete, click Close
5. Wrapup Codes as Hidden Icon in System Tray #
Once you start ‘3CX Wraup Codes’ application, the ‘wrapupcodes service’ starts and the application will be available as a hidden icon in the system tray. From here, you can:
- Configure settings for the desired agent so that the agent will get a popup that enables to wrap-up about the call whenever the call is answered.
- Attend the call and select desired wrapup code.
- Add notes for wrapup code.
- Exit from the application so that the application icon no more appears in the system tray.
5.1 Show Wrapup Codes in system tray #
- On the right hand side of the Windows taskbar, and in the notification area, click to open the system tray and view the 3CX Wrapup Codes icon.
5.2 Right-click menu options in system tray #
Once the ‘wrapupcodes’ service starts, open system tray and right-click on the 3CX Wrapup Codes hidden icon to view the options.
5.2.1. Settings #
- On the right-click menu, click Settings.
- In the Settings dialog box, and in the Agent Extension field, enter the extension of the agent who will attend the calls.
- In the FQDN field, enter the ip address of the server in which ‘Wrap-up Codes – Server’ is installed.
- In the Port field, enter the port number of the ‘Wrap-up Codes – Server’ application. The default port no. is 7750.
If you are not connected through office vpn network then, ensure the following:
- Enable 7750 port in firewall where the server application is installed to avoid connection interruption between the client and server applications.
- Enable 8800 relay port in firewall where the server application is installed so that the application recognizes where the user answered the call or not.
- Check Show popup for internal calls check box if you want to receive internal calls as well i.e. calls within extensions or uncheck the check box if you want to receive only external calls. By default, the option is unchecked.
- Click Save and in the Success message box, click OK.
- On the right-click menu, click Exit to stop the wrapup codes service and then again on your desktop, click the application icon to restart the service.
5.2.2. Agent History #
- On the right-click menu, click Agent History.
- The Agent History screen displays current day agent history details of the agent whose extension is configured in ‘Global Settings’ page.
- To add/edit notes, in the Notes field of the respective record, enter desired information and then click Save.
- To edit code, from the Codes dropdown list of the respective record, select desired code and then click Save.
Note: You can edit only ‘Notes’ and ‘Codes’ data in ‘Agent History’ screen.
5.2.3. Show #
- On the right-click menu, click Show .
- The Wrap-up Codes dialog box displays the list of all the active wrapup codes.
5.2.4. Exit #
Click Exit to stop the wrapup codes service. Once the application is closed, the 3CX Wrapup Codes icon no more appears in the system tray.
5.2.5. About #
Click About to display details like application current version.
5.3. Right-click menu options in system tray #
- When a customer calls, click the Answer button.
- In the Wrap-up Codes dialog box, Current Call section displays agent call details like agent name, agent extension, call time, call duration, call queue and customer phone number
- In the Codes section, select appropriate code that best suits the call interaction.
- In the Notes field, enter the notes for the call interaction.
- Click Save to associate the wrapup code and notes to current call. Saved Successfully message appears. .
- If you update and save again (without closing the ‘Wraup-up Codes’ dialog box), Updated Successfully message appears .
Note: The call interaction data which you update and save in client application will be reflected in the ‘Reports’ tab of server application. Only users with ‘Manager’ role can access the ‘Reports’ tab
- If you do not select any code and click on Save, the ‘3CX Wraup-Codes’ will not save the information.
|Caller||Name of the caller (3CX fetches the information automatically)|
|–Number||The number of the caller|
|–Dialed||The number dialed by the customer (our number)|
|Agent||Name of the agent who answered the call, and the extension that is configured in ‘Settings’ dialog box|
|–Date||Date & Time of the current answered call|
|–Duration||Duration of the current answered call|
|–Queue||The Queue from which the agent answered the call|
|–Dialed||The number dialed by agent (Outbound Call)|
|–Work Order||Job ID that is fetched from Power Dialer when the ‘Wrapup Codes’ is integrated with it|
|–Name||The first and last name of contact that is saved in ‘Contact Tab’ of ‘Power Dialer’|
6. support #
Visit our website to access our on-line manuals and receive quick answers to most of your questions. Otherwise, you can contact us by phone, email, live chat and on the VoIPTools forums.
- Support Hours (USA and India)
Our team is ready to assist you with answers to your technical questions, during normal business hours, which is Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM (Central Standard Time), and 8:00 AM to 12:00 AM (Indian Standard Time).
- Windows Event Log (Applications and Services > VoIPTools)
The Windows Event Log lists various errors, information messages and warnings related to all our VoIPTools applications and services. The data here can be used for troubleshooting various application errors.
Our forum is intended for VoIPTools customers to collaborate on real-life challenges, solutions and best practices. You can participate on our forum at: https://www.voiptools.com/community/
- Submit a Bug
If you suspect a bug in any of our VoIPTools products, you can bring it to our notice by reporting your issue at: https://www.voiptools.com/report-a-bug/
- Live Chat
Our chat support team is ready to acknowledge your queries in real-time. You can start a live chat with us by simply clicking on the Live Chat button at the lower right corner of our web page.
You can email us at: email@example.com. Be sure to describe your issue in detail. We’ll get back to you within one business day of receiving your request.
You can call us at +1 801-642-4655 to reach a representative. VoIPTools will accept calls at this number from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM (Central Standard Time).
- Support Services
- Free Support:
If you purchased our products through a VoIPTools Partner, your Partner will provide first level support. Partners have access to 100% free technical support, provided they participate actively in the troubleshooting process.
VoIPTools customers have access to our on-line manuals and we will respond to emails (next business day) and live chat, but we will not login to your servers remotely.
- Paid Support:
If you purchase “Installation Support’ our support team can login to your servers and install and configure all our tools for you. This includes installing SQL Server Express and Internet Information Server if required. Our team will work with you to configure our applications to best meet your needs.