1. Introduction #
Everybody knows there is always one task that never gets done on almost every 3CX install — entering the holiday schedule. But now it’s so easy, there’s no excuse for not configuring holidays.
With a new FREE tool from VoIPTools, you can select National and Religious holidays from countries all around the world and import them directly into 3CX! And because 3CX Holiday Importer enables you to quickly import holidays through the year 2029, this may be the last time you have to touch the holiday schedule.
2. Prerequisites #
Before installing ‘3CX Holiday Importer’, you need to ensure that your computer meets the minimum requirements mentioned below:
1. 3CX Version V16 and V18
2. .Net framework 4.7.2
3. VoIPTools Relay installed on the 3CX server
4. Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) 7.0 or above
• When installing SQL Server, we recommend you install it in “Mixed Mode” to include SQL Authentication, and install SQL Management Studio
• When installing IIS, be sure to install Basic Authentication, .Net Extensibility, and ASP.Net 4.X
3. Installation #
You can order ‘3CX Holiday Importer’ on-line at http://www.voiptools.com. Your order confirmation email will include your license key and a link to download the software.
There are a number of prerequisites that must be installed prior to installing ‘3CX Holiday Importer’.
Install 3CX Holiday Importer
This User Guide contains step-by-step instructions to successfully install ‘3CX Holiday Importer’. Begin by extracting the installer from the downloaded zip file (Step 1 above), then run the setup program named 3CXHolidayImporterInstaller.exe
Register your License Key
You must register your license key to activate ‘3CX Holiday Importer’. Your license key is included in your order confirmation email, and can also be found in your order history on our website.
4. Step By Step Installation Procedure #
The following section guides you through a detailed walk-through of the installation process:
Step 1: Download ‘3CX Holiday Importer’. #
You can locate the software download link included in your order confirmation email. As an alternative, you can also find the link from your order history on our website.
Step 2: Install Prerequisites #
Click on the software installer that was downloaded in step 1 above. The installation wizard will automatically identify the needed prerequisites and assist you with the install of the prerequisites needed to run ‘3CX Holiday Importer’. These include .NET Framework (Web Installer), SQL Server Express (Web Installer) and, SQL Server Management Studio.
1). Click the downloaded installer executable to launch the Prerequisites Setup Wizard and click Next.
2). In the Prerequisites window, the installer will identify the missing prerequisites. It is important that you install all the required prerequisites. However, you can select/unselect the applications to be installed based on your unique requirements. Click Next to continue.
3). The installer will download and install the selected applications.
Step 3: Start the installation process #
1). After all the prerequisites are installed, the 3CX Holiday Importer Setup Wizard appears. Click Next to Continue.
2). On the Select Installation Folder window, the Folder field displays the location where the ‘3CX Holiday Importer’ will be installed. Note that you cannot change the path.
3). Click Next to continue.
Step 4: Test Relay Settings #
1). In the 3CX Relay Services window, in the Relay Host field, enter the IP address or FQDN of your 3CX server.
2). To maximize security, we strongly urge you to configure the Relay and 3CX Holiday Importer to use of https (TLS encryption). To use TLS security, ensure the Relay Port is set to 8801 and the Protocol to HTTPS. However, if your Relay is not configured to use TLS encryption, change the Relay Port to 8800 and the Protocol to HTTP.
3). Click Test Relay Settings to confirm ‘3CX Holiday Importer’ can communicate with the Relay services running on the 3CX server.If the test was unsuccessful:
- confirm you have the correct firewall port open (default TCP 8801) on the 3CX server and the firewall protecting the 3CX server.
- confirm that you have entered the correct IP address / FQDN for the 3CX server.
- confirm that 3CX Holiday Importer and the Relay are using the same port and protocol.
4). If the ‘3CX Holiday Importer’ is successfully able to communicate with the Relay services that run on the 3CX server, a Success message box appears. Click OK. If the test fails, you will not be able to continue until communication with the relay is established.
5). Click Next to continue with the installation.
Step 5: Installing 3CX Holiday Importer #
1). In the Ready to Install window, click Install to start the installation of the ‘3CX Holiday Importer’.
2). The application installation progresses.
3). Once the installation is complete, check Launch 3CX Holiday Importer check box and then click Finish. The 3CX Holiday Importer configuration screen opens. If you want to simply close the installer without opening the configuration screen, then simply uncheck Launch 3CX Holiday Importer check box and then click Finish
5. 3CX Holiday Importer Configuration Screen #
The 3CX Holiday Importer Settings configuration screen enables you to register software, import holidays for a specific country for a specific year, add custom holidays and edit or delete existing holidays.
5.1. Register Software
Registration is required to authorize your license key. Registering also makes it possible for VoIPTools to provide a replacement key if your license key is ever lost. Also, it enables VoIPTools to notify you of any product updates, and reminders if your key is reaching the renewal date.
a. In the 3CX Holiday Importer configuration screen, click License tab, and then in the License Key field, enter valid license key.
b. Enter appropriate details in all the other fields of the page.
c. Click Register
d. In the confirmation message box, click OK.
The license key permits you to install this software on one computer. This is not free software.
5.2. Holidays Screen
Holidays tab enables you to import holidays for a specific country for a specific year, add custom holidays and edit or delete existing holidays.
5.2.1. Import Holidays
1. On the 3CX Holiday Importer configuration screen, Click Holidays tab.
2. From the Country Holidays dropdown, select the country for which you want to import the holidays.
3. Click Get Holidays button to import the holidays of the selected country for the desired year.
4. Press the “Get Holidays” button to display a list of holidays.
You can edit the list of holidays prior to importing into 3CX.
5. Click Save to 3CX to import the holidays into 3CX.
Importing holidays replaces any existing holidays already configured in 3CX.
5.2.2. Add/ Edit/ Delete Holidays
You may wish to add custom holidays, or choose not to import all of the holidays displayed. 3CX Holiday Importer enables you to add your own holidays, edit existing holidays, or remove holidays prior to importing them into 3CX.
At the bottom of the grid you will see a list of controls for managing holiday records. Hovering over each control will display a tool-tip describing the function of each button. Using these buttons you can scroll through the list, add, edit, or delete holiday records.
5.2.3. Add Custom Holiday
To add your own holidays, simply scroll to the bottom of the list of holidays displayed. At the bottom you will see a blank row where you can add additional holidays.
1. Scroll to the bottom of the list of holidays displayed.
2. Click beside the blank row and the symbol changes to
3. At the bottom of the grid, you will see Toolbar for managing holiday records.
4. Click Append button to add a custom holiday.
5. In the Holiday field, enter the name of the holiday.
6. In the Day combo box, select or type the date for the holiday.
7. In the Month combo box, select or type the month for the holiday.
8. From the Year dropdown, select the year for the holiday.
9. Click Save to 3CX button to save the custom holiday to 3CX server.
5.2.4. Edit Holidays
To edit an existing holiday, simply click on the holiday to be edited and make the desired changes. You can cancel your edits by pressing the “X” button. To save your edits, click on the checkmark control, or click on a different record.
1. From the holiday list, select the holiday that you want to edit.
2. At the bottom of the grid and from the toolbar, click Edit button.
3. Observe that Edit symbol appears beside the holiday that you want to edit.
4. Make the required changes to the holiday.
5. From the toolbar, click End Edit button to end the modification.
6. Click Save to 3CX button to save the changes to 3CX server.
7. If you want to cancel the modification, click Cancel Edit button before you save the changes.
5.2.5. Delete Holidays
1. From the holiday list, select the holiday that you want to delete.
2. At the bottom of the grid and from the tool bar, click Delete button to delete the holiday.
3. Click Save to 3CX button to save the changes to 3CX server.
This does not remove the holiday from the list of available holidays.
5.2.6. Clear Holiday List
If you want to start over, you can clear the displayed list of holidays and start over again by reimporting the desired holidays.
1. On the 3CX Holiday Importer configuration screen, click Holidays tab.
2. Click Clear Holidays button. This will remove any displayed holidays.
5.2.7. Reoccuring Holidays
For those holidays that occur on the same day each year (‘New Year’s Day’ for example), you can set a holiday to reoccur every year.
1. Create a holiday that reoccurs every year on the same day.
2. From the Day and Month drop downs, select appropriate date and time.
3. From the Year drop down, select Each option.
Visit our website to access our on-line manuals and receive quick answers to most of your questions. Otherwise, you can contact us by phone, email, live chat and on the VoIPTools forums.• Support Hours (USA and India)
Our team is ready to assist you with answers to your technical questions, during normal business hours, which is Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM (Central Standard Time), and 8:00 AM to 12:00 AM (Indian Standard Time).
• Windows Event Log (Applications and Services ? VoIPTools)
The Windows Event Log lists various errors, information messages and warnings related to all our VoIPTools applications and services. The data here can be used for troubleshooting various application errors.
Our forum is intended for VoIPTools customers to collaborate on real-life challenges, solutions and best practices. You can participate on our forum at: https://www.voiptools.com/community/
• Submit a Bug
If you suspect a bug in any of our VoIPTools products, you can bring it to our notice by reporting your issue at: https://www.voiptools.com/report-a-bug/
• Live Chat
Our chat support team is ready to acknowledge your queries in real-time. You can start a live chat with us by simply clicking on the Live Chat button at the lower right corner of our web page.
You can email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to describe your issue in detail. We’ll get back to you within one business day of receiving your request.
You can call us at +1 801-642-4655 to reach a representative. VoIPTools will accept calls at this number from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM (Central Standard Time).
• Support Services
If you purchased our products through a VoIPTools Partner, your Partner will provide first level support. Partners have access to 100% free technical support, provided they participate actively in the troubleshooting process.
VoIPTools customers have access to our on-line manuals and we will respond to emails (next business day) and live chat, but we will not login to your servers remotely.
If you purchase “Installation Support’ our support team can login to your servers and install and configure all our tools for you. This includes installing SQL Server Express and Internet Information Server if required. Our team will work with you to configure our applications to best meet your needs.